Special Announcement: Our I & A Counselor is available by phone during the Covid-19 Closure. Call Cari at 484-302-8264 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Income Tax filing date has been extended until July 15, 2020. We have no more tax appointments. If you had an appointment before the closure, you will be contacted by the AARP preparers to re-schedule your appointment when we re-open.
PA Rent Rebate deadline has also been extended through the end of the year.
As the first point of contact to access Social Services within the Senior Community, The Phoenixville Area Senior Center has an Information and Assistance Counselor to help you remain active and independent for as long as possible. The following are some of the free services we offer:
- Our certified Apprise Counselors help navigate complicated Medicare Insurance Programs. Click here for more information about this program from Chester County.
- AARP tax preparers work from February until April at the Senior Center completing tax returns. Last year they filed returns for over 600 local seniors. Free of charge! (Did you miss out because you called too late to get an appointment last year? This year as perk for a VIP supporters, you can schedule your appointment early.)
- Educated on local, state and federal programs, we can assist you to apply for the SNAP Program, Senior Food Boxes, Rent Rebates, Food Vouchers, and other government programs for seniors.
- Knowing where to go and who to see, we can aid in finding you programs to help with home repairs, home cleaning services, home health aides. And, when you or a loved one is ready for a higher level of care, we can connect you with Adult Daycare, Rehab, and Assisted Living Facilities in our community.
- Are you having problems navigating phone systems to make appointments, fix a phone line, and straighten out a bill? We can help you get through the prompts.
- The Senior Center participates in Henry's Cupboard which provides food for the animals of Seniors. The Cats and Dogs get the nutrients they need to thrive, and the owners do not feel the need to share their human food.
- Should you still be driving? We offer AARP Safe Driver courses annually. Click here for information. We can also get you set up on Rover (free or low cost rides for seniors in Chester County) and apply for your Septa Key Card for train and bus passes. For those living outside of Chester County, we can connect you with Community Connections of our neighboring areas.
- End of life planning is essential for your family. Our counselor can connect you with legal counsel.
No question is too small or problem too big. If we can’t help, we will connect you to someone who can.