Our Information and Assistance Counselor is available in the office most Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 1pm. You can reach Cari by phone at 610-935-1515 ext. 24 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the first point of contact to access Aging Resources within the Senior Community, the Phoenixville Area Senior Center has an Information and Assistance Counselor to help you remain active and independent for as long as possible. The following are some of the free services we offer:
- Our certified PA MEDI Counselors help navigate complicated Medicare Insurance Programs. Click here for more information about this program from Chester County.
- AARP tax preparers work from February until April at the Senior Center completing tax returns, free of charge! (Did you miss out because you called too late to get an appointment last year? As a perk for our VIP supporters, you can schedule your appointment early.)
- Educated on local, state and federal programs, we can assist you to apply for the SNAP Program, Senior Food Boxes, and other government programs for seniors.
- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program provides vouchers to be used at select Farmer’s Markets and Farm Stands. For information on the 2022 program, click here.
- The Senior Center participates in Henry’s Cupboard which provides food for the animals of Seniors. The Cats and Dogs get the nutrients they need to thrive, and the owners do not feel the need to share their human food.
- We can assist you with the Rent Rebate and Property Tax Rebate applications.
- LIHEAP and LIHWAP can help with energy and water costs, and we can help you apply to those programs and many more.
- Knowing where to go and who to see, we can aid in finding you programs to help with home repairs, home cleaning services, home health aides. And, when you or a loved one is ready for a higher level of care, we can connect you with Adult Daycare, Rehab, and Assisted Living Facilities in our community.
- Are you having problems navigating phone systems to make appointments, fix a phone line, and straighten out a bill? We can help you get through the prompts.
Driving and Transportation Services
- Should you still be driving? We offer AARP Safe Driver courses annually. Click here for information. We can also get you set up on Rover (free or low cost rides for seniors in Chester County) and apply for your Septa Key Card for train and bus passes. For those living outside of Chester County, we can connect you with Community Connections of our neighboring areas.
End of Life
- End of life planning is essential for your family. Our counselor can connect you with legal counsel.
No question is too small or problem too big. If we can’t help, we will connect you to someone who can.